Had a big life change? You may be able to sign up for health insurance with a Special Enrollment Period (SEP)
What is SEP?
A Special Enrollment Period is a time, other than Open Enrollment when you can sign up for health insurance through nevadahealthlink.com. You only get a Special Enrollment Period if you lose your insurance or experience a major life change.
- • If you lose your insurance, such as through a work lay-off or turning 26 and aging off your parent’s plan, you have 60 days before or after your coverage ends to enroll on healthcare.gov.
- • If you experience a major life change, you have 60 days after the event to enroll in a health plan.
• Getting married or divorced
• Having a baby, adopting or becoming a foster parent
• Becoming a U.S. citizen or getting a green card
The Nevada Health Link was created by the state agency, the Silver State Health Insurance Exchange, to help you find an affordable health insurance plan that fits your needs and your budget. Through Nevada Health Link individuals can shop for, compare, and purchase qualified health insurance plans with tax credits or subsidies that are based on your income.
Nevada Health Link connects individuals to a variety of insurance plans from different health insurance companies, as well as offers tools and resources to help you choose the plan that’s right for you. Nevada Health Link is the only health insurance resource that can provide you with federal tax credits and subsidies to help cover the cost of your insurance.
At the ACDC, we have state-licensed Health Navigators who speak different languages and can help facilitate enrollment in qualified health plans. Get in touch with them directly:
- Joseline Avendano (Tagalog) – firstname.lastname@example.org ; (702) 738-0800
- Diem Nguyen (Vietnamese) – email@example.com ; (702) 677-2277
- Hai Nguyen (Vietnamese) – firstname.lastname@example.org ; (702) 553-5020
- Madeliene Lim (Tagalog, Mandarin 中文), email@example.com; (702) 903-9898Weizhen Tina Yang (Mandarin 中文), firstname.lastname@example.org; (725) 529-8889