2022 Voter Registration Deadlines
• May 17, 2022: Deadline to register to vote or update your existing registration by mail.
- • May 31, 2022: Deadline to register to vote online. If you register or update your registration on or after May 26th, you will not be sent a sample ballot.
2022 Election Dates
- • June 14, 2022: Early Voting begins on Saturday, May 28 and runs through Friday, June 10
- • November 8, 2022: Early voting begins on Saturday, October 22 and runs through Friday, November 4.
What’s on my ballot?
In 2022, there will be two elections — the primary election in June, and the general election in November. There are many races on the ballot, from state-wide offices to local municipal elections.
• U.S. Senate and U.S House of Representatives
– Congressional District 1, 2, 3, 4
– Governor, Lieutenant Governor, Secretary of State, Attorney General, State Treasurer, State Controller, State Board of Education, University Board of Regents
– State Assembly, State Senate, North Las Vegas Mayor, Henderson Mayor, School District, City Council
– Supreme Court Justice, Appeals Court Judge, District Court Judge
Frequently Asked Questions
1. If I’m a registered voter, will I get my ballot in the mail?
Starting in 2022, individuals registered to vote no later than 14 days before Election Day will be sent a mail ballot unless they choose to opt-out.
2. How do I check my voter registration status?
After you register to vote, you will receive a Voter Card in the mail. The Voter Card helps you confirm that your voter registration information is correct. You can also check your voter registration status online at: https://www.nvsos.gov/VoterSearch/
3. How do I find my polling location? Information coming soon
4. How do I see what’s on the ballot? Information coming soon
5. I’m in a new Assembly/State Senate/School/Congressional district this year, why is that? Information coming soon
6. I’ve moved since the last election, how do I update my voter registration?
Update your address on your voter registration at: tinyurl.com/acdcnv
7. Am I able to register to vote online?
If you have a valid driver’s license or identification card issued by the Nevada DMV, you can register to vote online at: tinyurl.com/acdcnv. If you do not have the required credentials, you must register in person with your county election office or mail in a paper application.
8. How do I change my party?
Update your party or your voter registration at: tinyurl.com/acdcnv
Ways to Vote
The Nevada Legislature passed AB321 in 2021, providing Nevadans with more options on how to cast their votes. All Nevadan voters registered before the registration deadline will be sent a ballot in the mail. Voters can:
- Fill out their ballot at home and return by mail
- FIll out their ballot at home and drop it off at a designated polling location
- Return their mailed ballot and cast their vote in-person at a polling location
- Vote in-person at a polling location
Same Day Registration:
For new or updated voter registrations, voters can register to vote AND cast their ballot at a designated polling location during Early Vote or on Election Day from May 28 – June 10, 2022 and on June 14, 2022. ** Voters who want to do Same Day Registration must have a current, unexpired NV issued ID to complete their voter registration. If a voter does not have a current NV issued ID, they must provide one of the additional documents below:
Bank or Credit Union statement
Income tax return
Car registration or insurance
Mortgage statement or lease agreement
Any govt. doc